Friday, August 12, 2011

Proudly Introducing....

Mr. and Mrs. Kyle Smith




One of my best friends, Katelyn Wettlaufer, got married today in Oregon. I am sad that I couldn't be there for her big day. I was lucky enough to be graced with her presence on my wedding day.

August 20, 2010
Funny story about the day I got sealed: Kyle was released from his 2 year LDS mission on August 19, 2010. Ironically, he is from the Sacramento area too (Loomis). He attended the Sacramento temple on August 20, 2010. Katelyn happened to be at my temple sealing at the same time... no, they did not meet then... but still... weird, right?

I first met Katelyn in my Glenwood ward sophomore year. We were insta-friends. Actually... Kate is insta-friends with most people. She is extremely likeable and has a sense of humor off-the-charts! The only person funnier than her is her sister, Melissa. Jk. But really, dynamic duo sisters that will have you laughing for days (that may sound like an exaggeration, but please believe me that it is not). Not only is Kate hilarious but also one of the most intelligent, logical, beautiful, spiritual, kind people I know. (Whew... that was a lot of adjectives...) When we both lived in Glenwood we also had our MFHD 210 (Human Development) class together. We would spend hours "studying" together. I got to know Katelyn well and gain great respect for her.



Let me share a few Katelynesque qualities/titles:

1) Amazing Listener
2) Hilarious
3) Valedictorian of Life
4) Beautiful Inside and Out
5) Lover of all things Japanese
6) Voice of an Angel (only better...)
7) Thoughtful-est
8) Best Facebook Commenter 07'-08'
9) Most Popular
10) Genuine
11) Jason Mraz Lover (I'm sure Kyle is #1 now)
12) Great Smile
13) Verbal Affirmation Queen
14) Spiritual & Best MTC Teacher
15) Best All Around Friend

... and that's the short list! Man, Kyle is one lucky guy!!!


As you may be able to tell from this post and the above picture, Katelyn brings out my preposterous side (another reason I love her). I am grateful to her for the example she is of many things I aspire. Congratulations Kyle and Katelyn!

 I love you, Kate! I hope you had a perfect wedding day!


1 comment:

  1. I love you Heidi!!!! It was the perfect day. You are the best friend ever. Let's get together soon:) Double date.

    ReplyDelete