Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baby Hungry?

Heidi,
   I'm fine,thank you .Are you OK?
  I am very happy ,you can reply my letter.I think you can't replyme.But I am wrong.We can keep touch each other , I am very happy.
  Are you love baby? Are you have baby? I hope you have , hahaha. Don't shy.
   I love children ,I went to a place ,which have mang children .But they haven't  mother and father.I look after them all day .I love them.
   Good luck with you !!! ha ha ha........I want I can see your and your child 's  picture.
   I love you my friend.
   OH !!Heidi ,I must go my class ,now.Bay-bay.Happy everyday.
    best  wishes!!!!!!!!
                                                                         Yours,
                                                                             Fir.

Yes, this is today's e-mail from one of my Chinese students (formatting and all). Yes, I allowed her to name herself "Fir" (pretty comparable to some of my other students' names: Cherry, Forget, Beer, Kobe, Rondo, Shock, Arenas, Tree, Spring, Orange, Banana, Gentle, Candy, Bluscy, Wande) and yes... it is HER (along with several of my other students) who are baby hungry for me and Curtis (I mean... come on... even her "bye-bye" looks like "bay-bay", coincidence? I think not.)

Me with Fir in her dorm room:

Us with Fir and her lovely roommates:
Front Row: Fir, Ema, Back Row: Anne (pronounced Annie), Lilly, Curt, Me, May May


Towards the end of our Chinese journey I heard many times "you will have beautiful baby," "many, many children," and  "when you have baby?" Well, my dear students, I'm sorry to tell you it's not in the plans for the immediate future, but soon enough. Soon enough. For now I have this little one to satiate my baby appetite :)

I know I'm biased; I find her incredibly beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. 1. SO happy you are blogging!
    2. This is pure comedy.
    3. Can't wait for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are biased, she is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi, I saw your link on FB and thought I'd take a look at your blog. :) We had some interesting names in our classes too, like Lemon, Spring (a boy), Ocean...my husband had a coworker named Harper (male) who named himself after Harper Lee, a female, but refused to believe it when Patrick told him. Oh I love China. You must have been there right after we came home. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete