Friday, March 8, 2013

Showered with Love


Before I begin on the shower pictured below (it is the only shower I have pictures of) – I wanted to express gratitude for the two showers previous to this one. 

Shower #1: 

 Natalie threw me a darling shower with a few of our ward friends (awesome food, cute decorations, and really fun games!) 
Having just had a baby boy herself, Nat was so sweet to offer and to plan this delightful evening! 
I received excellent pregnancy and post-baby advice. 
It was so fun swapping stories, receiving cute gifts, and munching on some seriously good food.
 (Still craving the petit fours Jody made and Adriana's homemade brownies :))

Shower #2:  

Near the end of July, my Lambert aunts and cousins threw me a beautiful “Mother to Bee” shower at our family reunion in Idaho. This shower was very special to me. Even though Camden is number 65 (or something) of great-grandchildren, it meant a lot that my extended family cared enough to host a shower. 

Being ONE of 49 grandchildren you think you would get lost in the mix – 
I am grateful for a tight knit family who make efforts no matter how many little ones join the clan.
 Jenny is the queen of party decorations – she hauled everything from Twin Falls and made Miller Hall look fab! 
Very classy and tasteful with black and yellow decorations (I wish I had pictures!).
 Karen did a great job of planning the shower. 
We played some fun games and had a blast spending time with just the girls. (Which doesn’t happen often… if ever?)

Shower #3 (the one featured in this post): 
  
My dear sister threw me an amazing baby shower at the beginning of August.
 Jami, my sister, is incredibly generous and sweet.
She asked me early on if she could throw a shower for me and boy did she deliver.
I'm amazed how well she orchestrated it all when she was just over a month postpartum (with her second child!). 
She came up with the cutest "abc" theme and everything turned out darling (just look at the pictures).
Thanks a million, Jami!

Many thanks to my sweet friends for all they did.
The food, decorations, and location wouldn't have been possible without them!
(Special shout-outs to Katelyn, Melissa, Kristen, Ashley, Linnea, and Crystal -- hope I didn't miss anyone!)
With much help from my fabulous sister-in-laws, mother-in-law, and mother, the shower turned out perfectly.

Thank you to all of my family and friends who came to support (to any/all of the showers). Having a baby is a huge reminder of how giving and selfless people are. I loved the advice I received and laughs shared. I was amazed by the generous gifts given, but above all, I was impressed by the love I felt.

Photo credit goes to the talented and beautiful Linnea Farnsworth


 






















If you made it through ALL of those pictures, congratulations :).
 So blessed to have many wonderful people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment